Collection of Officer-initiated Stop Data
Pursuant to ORS: 131.935, the Enterprise Police Department will soon be participating in the collected data of officer-initiated traffic and pedestrian stops program through the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission. The program is designed to identify and address problems with Bias-based policing. Officers will enter the following information into an application that provides the data to the Criminal Justice Commission. The following data will be entered:
• The date and time of the stop;
• The location of the stop;
• The race, ethnicity, age, and sex of the pedestrian or the operator of the motor vehicle stopped, based on the observations of the law enforcement officer responsible for reporting the stop;
• The nature of, and the statutory citation for, the alleged traffic violation, or other alleged violation, that caused the stop to be made; and
• The disposition of the stop, including whether a warning, citation or summons was issued, whether a search was conducted, the type of search conducted, whether anything was found as a result of the search and whether an arrest was made.
Data acquired under this section shall be used only for statistical purposes and not for any other purpose. The data may not contain information that reveals the identity of any stopped individual or the identity of any law enforcement officer. Data collected by law enforcement agencies or held by the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission under this section that may reveal the identity of any stopped individual or the identity of any law enforcement officer is exempt from public disclosure in any manner.